ICOPLAST Award of Excellence
ICOPLAST aims to be of benefit to patient, plastic surgery and plastic surgeons. ICOPLAST belongs to plastic surgeons all around the world. To achieve our goal of the exchange of ideas and of acknowledging excellence in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery, ICOPLAST National Societies can apply to award an outstanding individual, within their society, the ICOPLAST Award of Excellence.
There are two types of awards available:
- Best Abstract from a Trainee or Fellow
- Travel Stipend for Fellowships or Observerships
One Award maximum per member National Society per year.
The award is to recognize a trainee or plastic surgeon in a fellowship or within five years of training completion. The type of award, travel stipend or best abstract, is determined by the granting ICOPLAST National Society.
National Society Application Requirements
- The National Society is a member of ICOPLAST in good standing
- The National Society Committee to judge applications/abstracts must include at least one trainee.
- Final distribution of awards amongst the National Societies will be made by a committee comprised of two member of the ICOPLAST Board and one member of the ICOPLAST Education Committee taking into consideration the local needs of the National Societies and our desire to distribute the awards globally.
The ICOPLAST National Society must email its request to email@example.com by 1 March 2018 to be considered for an award in 2018.
At this time, a request simply includes: the name of the National Society, a preliminary list of judges, and the planned date and location of award presentation.
Requirements for National Societies once provided with an ICOPLAST Award of Excellence
Once selected to provide an ICOPLAST Award of Excellence, the National Society must then comply with the following additional requirements:
- The National Society will be responsible to notify ICOPLAST of the name of the awardee for that society
- The ICOPLAST Award of Excellence certificate to be awarded during the member society's national meeting
- The National Society's award ceremony must be branded as "The ICOPLAST Award of Excellence".
- The prize is to be used by the winner to attend a plastic surgery meeting,k preferably of an ICOPLAST member society, or to travel for Fellowships or Observerships
- The name of the winner and their National Society will be listed on the ICOPLAST website.
- The winner will provide a short abstract of the project (<250 words) and brief two-minute video message to be published on the ICOPLAST website within 14 days of award notification.